Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wool Gathering

Went to the Wool Gathering today in Yellow Springs. Lots of yummy things. Bought some yarn and notions. Got the little one an Alpaca stuffed animal. She loves it. Met a cool chick w/ a daughter that had a heart surgery scar. We started chatting b/c mine had open heart surgery at 7 months. I learned right away how lucky we are. My girl will should never have to have another surgery. She's little, but mighty and on track for 2 1/2 years old. The little one I met today was the same age, but developmentally 8 mos. old. She will have numerous more surgeries and have to have a transplant at 16 years old. Let's just say I had a big dose of reality and was very humbled and thankful today. I feel for that family and little E. I wanted to scoop her up and make it all go away.

No comments: